View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
JesseA
Über Member
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,369, Level: 36 Points: 3,369, Level: 36 Points: 3,369, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

JesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
If you need sticking point help, I would train with box squats almost exclusively. If you do Wendler's, or any other powerlifting routine, stick with box squats.

For squat assistance work, have you messed with good mornings at all yet?
I should have prefaced with what my current training is.. I am wave/phase 6 of wendler's 5/3/1. for Squat, I've been training by doing regular parallel squats, and olympic full atg squats. Assistance work: Good Mornings, DB Split Squats, leg presses. I just started box squats again with a low box. I was using a higher box that was not a giving me proper depth.

I think I will do another cycle of 5/3/1 and work exclusively with a low box and follow up with the Big But Boring assistance to just get massive amounts of volume for the next 4 weeks.

Maybe follow that up with some Anderson squats to help blast out of the hole.
JesseA is offline   Reply With Quote