View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 11:46 PM   #1
JesseA
Über Member
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,369, Level: 36 Points: 3,369, Level: 36 Points: 3,369, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

JesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributor
Default 3 months to increase my squat by 65 lbs

I'd really like to hit 380 for my squat in Feb at the MN State Open. Tonight after deadlifts, I was testing my 1RM max squat ( I know, probably a bad idea to wear myself down repping out in deadlifts before testing 1RM anything!), so hopefully that means my low numbers tonight should be higher.

I wanted to make sure I was hitting proper depth, so I found a box that brought me to just a bit lower than 'legal' depth just to make sure I wasn't cheating. I barely got 315 up and failed miserably with 325.

Would changing to an olympic weightlifting style shoe help much? I am currently lifting with a wrestling shoe, but have been looking at the Rogue fitness shoe, as I've read it helps recruit the quads a little more.

Anyone have some tricks to help get out of the hole? Maybe some good assistance exercises...

I've brought my stance in a bit from moderately wide to just past shoulder width. I'm not sure if that is making much of a difference, other than my hips down hurt at the bottom of the squat anymore.
JesseA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links