View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 08:27 AM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanxvx View Post
I read a report... After one year they found the group that had consumed the milk were fitter with avg 12% less body fat and avg 20% more muscle mass.
I have to admit, I'm so cynical that when I started reading this post, I was sure it was going to end with whey protein being the king and providing 79% more muscle.

You made my morning.

...if you ever find that study, I want to post it here and sticky it. Not because I'm a milk peddler, but because it's a victory for common sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Valsalva

As to chocolate milk, no science, but a friend of mine on another board went to the Arnold or Olympia or something a couple of years ago and there was a booth at the expo giving out little jugs of chocolate milk. I think it has something to do with a nearly perfect ratio of protien and carbs.
The nectar of the gods. I would like to see a study on chocolate milk, with all its "evil" sugar vs. the best post-workout supplement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodyby Gamma

I DO NOT STAND FOR LACTOSE INTOLERANCE! Signed BODY BY GAMMA MILK!!!! lol
I am mildly lactose intolerant yet I consume milk. It just gives me extra farts, which is always welcome. Farts entertain my children. They are cheaper then a new Nintendo Wii game.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote