View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

It's good to try both forms of deadlifts. One might be easier, or less harsh on your body than another.

Conventional deads are more of a back lift for me, and I have a strong back, so it works well. I can deadlift about 100 more pounds conventional. But, conventional deadlifts are harder on my hips.

Sumos are more of a hamstring lift for me, and I have weak and inflexible hamstrings.

Both destroy my upper back. So if you approach them as muscle builder, and not as a powerlifter, I say use the one that feels better for you.

I helped LTL (from the forum) transition over to sumos and he rocketed up in strength. He competed in powerlifting for the first time recently and destroyed some quality weight. He wasn't the best conventional deadlifter.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote