Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
The lifting we do here is fun, and I love to challenge people, and push each other. I love the competition of just doing one rep, but I like these types of post most of all.
Which is why I love this forum so much. We're all in this together. Everyone has either "been there and done that," or is about to "be there and do that." I think BTB mentioned earlier in this thread or else in my hospital thread something about having dozens of spotters on this site. That's how I feel. I don't train alone, I've got the whole community behind me everytime I step foot in the gym. Now excuse me, I've got some F'ing Weight Smashing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Being properly dressed goes a long way.

YouTube - ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man (music video)
Why this isn't already on my iPod, I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I have to admit, I was the same way when my daughter decided to pick cello. She's a bus student, which means lugging a big instrument on the bus, was an interesting wake up call.

When she said she wanted to play an instrument, I thought it was going to be like picking out a new breakfast cereal. I thought she would go for the "sugary" violin like every other girl.

When she picked cello, it made me wake up a bit and realize she's becoming a little adult, making decisions more advanced and complex than Fruity Pebbles vs. Lucky Charms.
I admit that I don't have this parenting thing all figured out, but I like to think that your daughter's dedication to lugging a big instrument on the bus, and my daughter's dedication to 7:45 a.m. ice time on a weekend are indicators of how they'll meet life when they grow up.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote