View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 08:54 PM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

The old school lifters re-ignited my passion for lifting several years ago. For so long I only had access to Weider style splits, and never knew how pre-steroid lifters trained.

It opened my eyes to new possibilities.

Regardless of what someone believes about splits/full body workouts, etc., I encourage them to dig into the past and learn about these guys and how they trained. It was an era that relied on hard work with basic exercises, and helped me reconnect with the things I like best about weight training.

Sometimes the modern era is all about being ripped or getting abs or working biceps and chest, or about people constantly bickering over studies and philosophies and things that detach you from your true love of the iron.

In the modern era I often feel like I have to screen articles, because I feel like most materials are trying to market a great new concept or approach and convince me that it's what I need. I don't feel saturated and having to weed through marketing when I read about Hepburn or Anderson or Park or Grimek.

Anyway, I'm a bit tired and probably didn't say this as well as I would have like to. I appreciate GL's passion about this topic. It helps keep me stoked.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote