View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 09:21 AM   #265
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post

About the hockey... We are NOT a hockey family. At least its not in the original "Family Charter" established and ratified on 6/14/97. My spouse and I are not anti hockey. In fact, we've been seen a more than a few university games. But one day my middle daughter came home from school and said, "Mom, I want to play hockey." Never thought I'd hear those words uttered in my house, though deep down inside, I was hoping. That was two years ago, and its amazing to see how she's developed. I was just looking a a pictur etonight from her first hockey practice. It was her first time on skates. I compare that snapshot of her to the professional SportPix individual and team photo of two weeks ago, and I see a child that has absolutely blossomed. She's confident. She's a leader at school and at home with her sisters. And she's fast becoming a leader on the ice. As I said before, "Daddy's proud."
I have to admit, I was the same way when my daughter decided to pick cello. She's a bus student, which means lugging a big instrument on the bus, was an interesting wake up call.

When she said she wanted to play an instrument, I thought it was going to be like picking out a new breakfast cereal. I thought she would go for the "sugary" violin like every other girl.

When she picked cello, it made me wake up a bit and realize she's becoming a little adult, making decisions more advanced and complex than Fruity Pebbles vs. Lucky Charms.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote