Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Muscle and Brawn Shop > 10/20/Life by Brian Carroll
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

10/20/Life by Brian Carroll

Build Strength Beyond Your Wildest Dreams. 10/20/Life: Get Strong NOW

Old 04-09-2014, 10:31 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default 10/20/Life by Brian Carroll

Posting info on the new book. Please feel free to join in with questions, comments, reviews, etc.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Cutty Strength reviews 10/20/Life:

http://www.cuttystrength.com/product...brian-carroll/

Quote:
Iíve been hinting on our Facebook page about a new book coming out from Brian Carroll that would change the way you look at training and it is here. 10/20/Life is written by Brian Carroll and at first glance you look through the table of contents and you see everything from programming principles to main lift coaching cues.

Once you start reading the 103 page book, I would recommend keeping a pen and some paper close by so you can make notes as you read. This isnít like other e-books that just give you a plan and tell you to run it for 12 weeks and have a nice day Ė This book will teach you how to program your training, how to warm up, pre-contest training, and nutrition.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:42 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Another review:

http://ashmanstrength.com/2014/04/1020life-a-review/

Quote:
There isnít some bullshit call to arms, platitudes about being alpha or comparing lifting to being a warrior. Its a straight-forward, professional manual that tells you what to do from step A to step Z to get your ass on the platform and be your strongest.

It isnít a program that tells you everything, it tells you what you need to do for YOU.

You have to use your head in selecting weak-point lifts, you have to use your head to know what parts of your body need extra work, you have to be realistic, smart and plan. This book helps that process greatly.

Some people cannot coach themselves, some people are interested in a different type of program; and that is fine. There are plenty of other excellent books on the market which will assist you or you can hire a coach to do the work for you. If coaching yourself and doing your own training is something you can do, and you want to be stronger in the big three lifts, you will thoroughly enjoy this.

Its a complete book for anyone who is interested, or actively taking part in, being a competitive powerlifter.

I would tell you that I highly recommend it, but I think you get that drift already. Add it to your library of information.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:15 PM   #4
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Nothing more to add. I read it twice and while $40 is more than some other popular programs, its so much more than programming. Worth it.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:42 AM   #5
BrianCarroll
Brawn
Points: 270, Level: 5 Points: 270, Level: 5 Points: 270, Level: 5
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 20
Fav Exercise: Squat
BrianCarroll has made some good postsBrianCarroll has made some good postsBrianCarroll has made some good postsBrianCarroll has made some good postsBrianCarroll has made some good postsBrianCarroll has made some good postsBrianCarroll has made some good postsBrianCarroll has made some good postsBrianCarroll has made some good postsBrianCarroll has made some good postsBrianCarroll has made some good posts

Thank you, guys.

The purpose of putting out the book was to make a difference.

I'm going to be around the forum answering questions and such.

anything you need, just let me know.

BC
Old 04-10-2014, 07:03 AM   #6
miked96
Max Brawn
Points: 13,418, Level: 75 Points: 13,418, Level: 75 Points: 13,418, Level: 75
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

miked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianCarroll View Post
Thank you, guys.

The purpose of putting out the book was to make a difference.

I'm going to be around the forum answering questions and such.

anything you need, just let me know.

BC
Brian,
Thanks for answering questions. I have one on the assistance work for the bench workout for the offseason cycle. The Combo chart has the "A" bench assistance work in the 15-10 rep range. The Standards "A" bench assistance is in the 6-4 rep range. Can you explain the thoughts behind that?
Thanks,
Mike
miked96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:41 AM   #7
Cutty
Max Brawn
Points: 5,647, Level: 48 Points: 5,647, Level: 48 Points: 5,647, Level: 48
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Fav Supp: Amino Acids
Cutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master member

Link to log

Max Gym Lifts: 495/300/605
Last Meet Lifts: 435/303/512

Passion without discipline is just a dream. - Steve Shaw

Sometimes you make your own pull by pushing forward. - Steve Shaw
Cutty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:41 AM   #8
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Just picked up the book. When I saw that you consulted Dr. McGill, I had to check it out. I had back surgery back in 1996 and have been cautious, sometimes too cautious with the back since then. As I am now prepping for my first powerlifting meet, as a geezer, Your insights will be valuable.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:50 AM   #9
Pulldog
Brawn
Points: 484, Level: 9 Points: 484, Level: 9 Points: 484, Level: 9
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 12 years off and on
Fav Supp: Protein
Pulldog has made some good postsPulldog has made some good postsPulldog has made some good postsPulldog has made some good postsPulldog has made some good postsPulldog has made some good postsPulldog has made some good postsPulldog has made some good postsPulldog has made some good postsPulldog has made some good postsPulldog has made some good posts

I'm excited to find out about this book. I had no idea. Based on the reviews and Mr. Carroll's reputation I'm sure it'll be on my shelf within the next few days.
Pulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:50 AM   #10
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

For those of you who do not know, I have trained with Brian and the rest of Team Sampson for almost a year now. 10/20/Life has been a great program for me. Not only have I added strength, but I have add a large amount of actual muscle size. If that wasn't enough, I have managed to stay injury free over this time, and back it back to the platform after a pec reattachment. I cant say enough positive things about the program itself and its results.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote