Female Bodybuilders. There are a lot of myths about female bodybuilders. It is often believed that most female bodybuilders look as big and muscular as male bodybuilders. Not true. There is also the stereotype that all female bodybuilders take steroids, because women can’t gain muscle without illegal drugs. Not true. And lastly, it is often said that female bodybuilders do not look feminine. The truth is that many women lift weights, gain muscle, and remain feminine. No steroids involved.
Benefits. There are numerous benefits for women who lift weights.
- Bone density. Regular weight lifting forces the body to adapt to the workloads placed upon it by increasing bone density. A greater bone density makes it much easier for women to age without becoming frail and fragile.
- Strength. A strong body is a body that is better able to handle life’s challenges without breaking down.
- Fitness. Weight lifting reduces blood pressure and increases metabolism, providing for a longer and healthier life. And a thinner physique!
- Toned body. You cannot tone your body without adding muscle. Weightlifting helps you look great after the fat comes off.
- Sex appeal. A fifty-five year old women with a tight, toned body still turns heads. Weightlifting can give you that life, moreso than simple cardio exercise.
Physique Examples. Here are some amazing examples of what a toned, female bodybuilder can look like.
To see more great female fitness models, check out Shapefit.com.
Please also read…Women and Weight Training