In my final installment I want to stress the importance of remaining consistent until you have reached your goal. Through all the hard work and discipline that you have put yourself through, the countless hours you put in, the meal planning, dietary correcting and all the lessons you have learned along the way.
I have talked about strong philosophies, proper training, nutrition and none of this means anything unless you are consistent. Do you find yourself only wanting to get in shape for the summer? Or how about when the holidays are around, you give up all hope?
If you are serious about your health, then you should be serious about being consistent. It gets harder and harder each time you start and stop, why torment yourself through this? Being healthy is so much more than just eating salads and going for a jog in the park. It is about the dedication that is required to be a better YOU.
Take this moment right now to decide, no makeup in your heart that you are dedicated to a healthier YOU and to be consistent in the face of adversity. Let me tell you something, there is something we call “the Gorilla” here at BFS Athletics.
“You don’t quit when you’re tired, you stop when the Gorilla is tired.”
I read that this morning, make sense right? So who the hell is the Gorilla? Good question…the gym, a competition, school, life it really doesn’t matter. Ever watched TV and see some weak, whiny, pathetic individual crying about how they can’t lose weight, control their kids, or something of that nature…they are wrestling the Gorilla and He is kicking their sorry tail up and down the sidewalk.
How do we deal with the Gorilla?
- Stop feeling sorry for you, nobody cares about your pity party so don’t invite them.
- Man up, take charge of the situation and make the best of it. No matter what needs to be done…DO IT!!!
- Prepare for the ride of your life, its call a Gorilla for a reason and his 800lb arse wants to wipe the floor with your face.
- Take what you have learned and apply it to the next time you face the Gorilla, because he is coming back…
- Repeat step 1-4 over when you see the Gorilla.