3 Day Beginner Muscle Building Workout
- Workout For: Beginners
- Workout Schedule: 3 days per week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Primary Workout Goal: Muscle Building
- Secondary Workout Goal: Strength Building
- Workout Duration: 6 Months to 1 Year
- Workout Expectations: Natural beginners that push themselves can expect to gain at least 5 pounds of muscle during the first 6 months on this workout.
- Workout Rest: Rest no more then 2 minutes between sets. As squats become more challenging you may need to rest up to 5 minutes between squat sets.
3 Day Beginner Muscle Building Workout Notes
This muscle building workout is for rank beginners who wish to add muscle mass and also add strength. The first several weeks will be a break-in period, during which time you will practice exercise form using lighter weight.
After the 2 to 4 week break-in period, you will start to push yourself. Make it a goal to try for more reps on every set of every workout. This is called progression of weight. When you can perform the top number of reps listed for an exercise set, add weight the next time you perform this exercise.
The fastest way to gain muscle and strength is by:
- Never waste a set. Always push yourself for more reps and more weight.
- Eat big! To gain muscle mass you must eat more then it takes to maintain your weight.
Failure to adhere to either of the 2 points listed above will result in a limiting of progress.
- Squats – 3 sets x 10 reps
- Bench Press – 3 sets x 10 reps
- Barbell Rows – 3 sets x 10 reps
- Standing Dumbbell Curls – 3 sets x 10 reps
- Sit Ups – 3 Sets x 15 reps
- Romanian Deadlifts – 3 sets x 10 reps
- Seated Overhead Barbell Press – 3 sets x 10 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs – 3 sets x 10 reps
- Seated or Standing Calf Raises – 3 x 10 reps
- Hanging Leg Raises – 3 sets x 15 reps
- Squats – 3 Sets x 10 reps
- Close Grip Bench Press – 3 sets x 10 reps
- Pull Ups or Lat Pull Downs – 3 sets x 10 reps
- Standing Barbell Curls – 3 sets x 10 reps
- Crunches – 3 sets x 15 reps