Muscle Building Workouts Strength Building Workouts

Huge Gainer 2 Day Muscle And Strength Building Workout

This is a 2 day per week workout for late beginners to intermediate lifters who have a limited amount of time to train each week.

Despite what you may think, this is a very potent approach. It is very easy to write off 2 day per week training, but please don’t. Many lifters have built substantial amounts of muscle and strength using programs like this.

Trust the process. Maximize each set. Get crazy strong and eat plenty of food. This program will not let you down. You will make substantial gains on 2 day per week training.

Each workout will be fullbody style. You will work the major compound exercises first, and then move on and target smaller muscle groups like arms and calves.

You will be using the rep goal system for most of the exercises. Here is the schedule:

• Day 1 – Workout A
 Incline Dumbbell Bench Press  3  30
 Cable Tricep Extensions  2  20
 EZ Bar Curls  2  20
 Leg Curls  2  25
 Decline Weighted Sit Ups  2  10-25*

Workout Notes

Decline Weighted Sit Ups – Add weight when sets become reasonable. You are not using the rep goal system for this exercise.

Pull Ups – AMAP = as many as possible.

Mick Madden
Mick Madden is the primary content writer for Muscle and Brawn.
  • PHIL Jul 10,2015 at 12:30 pm

how can i increase my weight from 52.5kg to 80kg?

• PHIL Jul 10,2015 at 12:30 pm

how can i increase from 52.5kg to 80kg?

• Stephen May 23,2015 at 11:17 am

I hurt my back a few year back and am sick of half trying programs, is this suitable for people that want a better core as well as general gain? Or if I try it will I be back in hospital with a slipped disk?

• Shane May 11,2015 at 10:26 am

Hi there,

been using this workout for about 6 weeks and found it a great work out…put on 8lbs.I meandered abit!…2 questions do I need 2 days in between as recovery?…..also can I do a 1 warm up light set?Shane.

• jeffsmith Mar 18,2015 at 9:48 pm

Why do you have 25 total reps for squats and 45 for leg press. Do you recommend leg press for the higher amount or can i use the same as for the squat. Thanks

• Mark Turner Feb 3,2015 at 4:34 am

I’m going to start this workout today. Have never done DL or Squat before and might have to do modified versions until i’m flexible enough, but this is exactly what I was looking for. My current workout include decline cable flies that I feel work really well for me. Could I include these towards the end of workout B do you think? Thanks

• seth Sep 23,2014 at 2:38 pm

Can this be done as a fullbody 3 days a week? If so would anything need to be added or dropped? thanks!

• Watty Aug 27,2014 at 4:04 am

Hi, what about warm up sets

• Todd Mar 30,2014 at 8:14 am

Do you increase the weights every set or do you just stay with one weight per exercise? and how much weight do you suggest using? like for example, light, medium, heavy. THANKS!

• Michael Stuart Feb 13,2014 at 7:33 am

I was a bit skeptical about a 2 day split, but this one has really worked for me, I’ve been doing it for 6 weeks now, I’ve made good solid gains and my strength increases have been amazing.

• Buck Jan 28,2015 at 7:49 pm

Michael, it’s been one year since you made your post about the 2 day split, and you were in high praise of the routine. Did you continue to make gains and do you still use the routine?

• Prateik Jilka Jan 25,2014 at 7:28 am

This is the perfect workout and I completely believe in the rep principles.

Started using this because I work an office job with long hours and a 4 day split was running me down – late nights etc.

I’m a hard gainer and this is working wonders for my physique since I get adequate rest. I can’t express my gratitude enough to the author of this article.

Thank you!!

• David Jan 10,2014 at 11:27 am

Oh yes; I see what you mean now. Sorry about that. For me though it would be far too many exercises per workout. I would not recover. I do much better training 4 days per week but only 4 exercises per workout and using an upper/lower type split. If you can recover though it’s certainly a good comprehensive program.

• Frank Jan 10,2014 at 9:02 am

I had the same thought when I first looked at the rep range but after see the link it made perfect sense, in fact I was quite surprised because I already do a similar program mainly with pure compound sets and I usually do 2 high warm up sets on each exercise and then 4 working sets betwen 5 and 8 reps so see the additional exercises some of which I will adapt slightly because of joint issues I was pleasantly ssurprise and very happy that this workout will give me some additional variety and hopefully growth to my training. Thank you for a comprehensive program.

• David Nov 22,2013 at 5:26 pm

Hmm; not wanting to be critical but you say to get ‘crazy strong’ and then suggest reps of 20 – 30. That won’t build any strength. You will lose strength on that program if you have been training any length of time. It’s pure endurance work. To get ‘crazy strong’ do reps in the 3 – 8 range. And even 8 is a bit high really, but ok for assistance work.

Leave Your Comment